I’m re blogging here the write up by Vijay Vijayasankar on a few super useful, in my opinion, pieces of advise on career advancement:
1. What got you here won’t get you there
2. Hard/Smart work is required , but nearly not enough if you don’t know where you are headed
3. Don’t wait indefinitely for things to change for better
4. If things don’t work and you have to move on , ALWAYS leave on pleasant terms
5. Plant those saplings every chance you get and pay it forward
6. When things are going well for you , learn to present better and negotiate better
My personal favorite is #1– you have to constantly evolve and search the support network which will help you make the next move. I have seen people doing this with ease, pretty naturally and others who struggle and put a lot of pressure on themselves. But at the end of the day, all that matters is your success.